a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Centus 122...The Dark Side of Football

Jenny Matlock likes to challenge us each week with a little writing prompt.  Any style, mine fits, 106 words exactly.  Strange I couldn't find a picture to fit with my scene.

The Dark Side of Football

The man worked into the night
with the tools that he had
Separating so delicately
The body from the head

Oh, he thought, I can recreate
the beauty that was there
He smiled lovingly
As he combed her hair

No more would he have to fight
To gain control of the remote
He ended that argument
When he grabbed her by the throat

He began to preserve her
Each piece handled with care
He needed someone
To sit in the other chair.

He carefully rejoined the pieces
The head was last of all
He smiled at his wife and asked,
“Are you ready for some football"?

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, gail! :)

Maude Lynn said...

This is awesome!

Dreaming said...

Goosebumps!
Have you ever thought of publishing some of your gruesome stories? They match anything Stephen King writes!

Lynn said...

Well now, I think what bothers me the most is... it's probably happened! Happy Labor Day Weekend:@)

Bookie said...

Whoa, totally different take and yes, it is a dark side of the game...but possible I suppose! :)

anitamombanita said...

Hilarious! I could picture this...creepy in a very funny sort of way...or is that funny in a very creepy sort of way? ;)

anitamombanita said...

Hilarious! I could picture this...creepy in a very funny sort of way...or is that funny in a very creepy sort of way? ;)

Country Gal said...

Chilling ! Awesome ! Have a good night !

Viki said...

I could imagine this happening in a scary Halloween movie, ha. Good job.

An English Shepherd said...

Yes very creepy !

MadSnapper said...

OH NO... you didn't... OH YES you DID...
before i read your poem, my thoughts went to the dark side as being all the injuries the players get and keep on playing, knees and shoulders and concussions...

Judie said...

O M G!!! This is HYSTERICAL and FABULOUS!! Now he needs to train the dog to bring him beer and snacks. I simply cannot top this one, Gail. I may write mine later today.

Laurel's Quill said...

I tell ya Gail, that's pretty creepy.

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha
and yikes, too.

This managed to be funny and creepy at the same time!

=)

BECKY said...

Wow! I agree...both funny and creepy! Great take on it!

hjdbedfb said...

This is fantastic :D Creepy and fantastic! :D I loved it! :D

Bethe77 said...

Sadly your piece describing so many women who will suffer the abuse this season. It is know as the worst time of year for abuse. Great write.
Love how you painted the picture as dark as it is.
Blessings

Jenny said...

I see Anthony Hopkins playing the role of husband in this movie.

Shudder.

Creepy.

Cool.

Wonderful.

All at the same time.

What wonderful writing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...