a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday's Things In A Row...

Country rows are first
They're the best to me
Petals, stamens, pistols, foliage
The vine is one long row to see.
 Core drill marks are plain to see
Drill a core, set  dynamite, blow the bluff.
Would nature be more lovely
Without this stuff?
We would have no road through solid rock
No dam for the water to block.
Sometimes "progress" is a load of crock.
The homesteads beneath the lake
Lie covered and forgotten
Immanent Domain allowed them to rape...
The Cancer center is full of rows,
Marble balls and concrete pots,
Laid brick roads. For what?
To give some peace to those who are treated?
To prepare the family for the optimism needed?
Personally I would rather see
Research dollars spent wisely.
 
I believe
There are more healing qualities
In Nature's beauty
Then can ever exist in this brazen absurdity.
 
You can tell I'm tired.
You can tell I'm disgusted.
Jumping through hoops of medical injustice.
Maybe I need you, as a bunch,
to give me a collective kick in the rump!
 
Hopefully when you join Pat
You'll see more enlightening rows than these.


12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

no kick from me, i agree with everything you said here. and looking at the fancy stuff at the hospital and the money it cost, i think of the people who are sick and can't go there because they have no money or health insurance.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Gail HUGS to you I love your photos but you are so right about the fancy stuff use it on research:) B

TexWisGirl said...

awww. you're right about the research monies...

Maude Lynn said...

You are so right about the research dollars!

Sandy Livesay said...

What happened to using research money wisely? Nice pictures and I agree with what you had to say!!!!
Prayers being sent your way :-)

Susan Anderson said...

No kick in the rump from me. I agree!

=)

Rudee said...

I don't think those are research dollars you're looking at there. Usually buildings like these are built by and named for a benefactor.

Word.

I

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I agree. I hope your spirits lift soon! :)

LindaG said...

*hugs* Gail.
God bless. Have a better Friday. ♥

Farm Girl said...

I think every thing you said today was powerfully said and even though you said things that were hard you really made excellent points. You have excellent pictures today too.

jean said...

How ironic that our rush to get to this point in progress is what helps cause cancer.

Pat said...

You speak of truth, my dear. Hope Marcy is getting along okay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...