a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, September 8, 2012

SC 123...Words

Jenny Matlock  presents a wonderful challenge weekly.  Regular rules today not to exceed 109.  Since I am an old person, the famous songs "Words" came into my head by the Bee Gees.  I am presenting their words instead of mine...I can't get the song out of my head!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JECTUQVrvzE&feature=em-share_video_user
Amazing by removing one repeat course, the words are an exact count.  Why should I even try when the Bee Gees said it so well?

WORDS

Smile an everlasting smile
A smile could bring you near to me
Don't ever let me find you gone
'Cause that would bring a tear to me
This world has lost it's glory
Let's start a brand new story
Now my love right now there'll be
No other time and I can show you
How my love
Talk in everlasting words
And dedicate them all to me
And I will give you all my life
I'm here if you should call to me
You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say
It's only words, and words are all
I have to take your heart away

May you enjoy some "Oldies but Goodies" today.

15 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Born in '47, I think this song holds and tells so much!...:)JP

Bethe77 said...

So perfect! Love the Bee Gee's
Blessings

lissa said...

I think I remember hearing this song somewhere but totally forgotten it.

nice sweet lyrics.

have a great day.

Dreaming said...

How uncanny about the word count!
Loved the BeeGees... and loved this song!

Susan Anderson said...

It was a good song. Still is.

=)

LindaG said...

Great song. Always enjoyed the Bee Gees. Even after Saturday Night Fever. ;o)

Thanks, Gail!

Irene said...

For a brief moment in time, I liked the BeeGees. I think of it as a sin of my youth and am glad I have evolved past them. Thank goodness that we all outgrow our follies. xox

21 Wits said...

I still adore the Bee Gee's great way to turn this CS!

Susan Mystery said...

I grew up with the Bee Gees and their brother Andy Gibb. Nice that you found the lyrics were almost perfect for the prompt.

Judie said...

Perfect take on the prompt, Gail. I've always loved that song.

anitamombanita said...

We took a little road trip this week...listened to LOTS of Beegees...fun stuff!

pasqueflower said...

Love that song! I'm a Boomer, too.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Uh Oh! now, I won't be able to get it out of my head. Great song, and what a great response to this prompt. laurie

Unknown said...

Gret choice for the prompt. I did not know that they had written a song with those words.
Best wishes,
Anna
'SC week 123 It's only words...'

Jenny said...

I love this.

And this song is one of the ones that never totally leaves my head.

Now it's playing a soundtrack on my reading!

And darn. I was trying to listen to Rosi Golan!

ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...