a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, January 1, 2016

Barn Art

Back in time, pre-cattle, pre-large horses, we/I had miniature horses.
We gave free barn tours meeting our horses and seeing our operartion.  The "art" I did not keep in the house I put on the barn walls. People seemed to enjoy this along with my antique or "the things we used to use" section.   Through a tornado, ten years of weather extremes, cattle occupation and other changing events these remain.
a painting on cardboard and great-grandmother's bedstead
This is a four foot plus wide wooden piece I did years ago representing Hubby and me.  The number in the center is our marriage year and the outside circles are our birth years, separately and becoming. I think they should be almost one circle by now.
a random selection to help hold the tar paper 
You know I never waste a thing!

I would not change these years and although I miss the time I think I wouldn't wish it back. It is just another chapter that been read and finished in our book of life.  We begin the next chapter.

9 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I love the art work, especially the horses and your "marriage" art. Very cool.

=)

Maude Lynn said...

I love the horses! Gorgeous, Gail!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are so genuine, and the things that you share are genuine. Life is meant to be about the real things. Thank you for keeping it real. I appreciate that.

Josie Two Shoes said...

So many past chapters of our lives, sweet memories and sad ones, beautiful artwork! May rhe new year brong you unexpected blessings and many more awesome things to share wirh us!

21 Wits said...

All lovely and special artwork! Especially your birth and wedding years! I bet it was a very interesting tour for all too. Happy New Year!

Lynne said...

Wonderful art pieces Gail . .
You are such a gifted, talented, resourceful, kind, gentle soul . . .
Best of all, you have a mind of your own . . .
I love having met you, getting to know you, calling you FRIEND . . .
Happy New Page . . .

LindaG said...

Your art work is great, Gail.
The circle painting. It's amazing how much we have in common.
Have a blessed weekend, Gail. ♥

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love your artwork. I hope you two had a wonderful holiday week. Happy New Year!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your marriage art is just lovely.
It is always good to look back, so many memories ... it is what makes us ... but it is always good to go forward, what other choice do we have!

Into and onwards - Happy New Year Wishes

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...