Plowing Through Life.
And so my elevens begin:
1] Which literary genre do you prefer?
I love a variety. I read the book that calls my name. I lean toward mysteries and horror like King but shy from sappy romances and porno.
2] Why did you start blogging?
We had moved to the farm a few years before to help with Dad after Mom died. My sister suggested I blog as an outlet. I have been blogging almost eight years.
3] Order or chaos?
I crave order with flexibility. I am usually surrounded with chaos.
4] Where would you like to live?
Have never given that much thought...always felt at home here surrounded by nature. Two other places have touched me but so different from here and from each other: the desert Southwest and Savannah, Georgia.
5] Starry sky or sunset?
Sunset since there is still enough light for me to take a picture. I love to view both.
6] Paper book or e-book?
Without hesitation, Paper! There is just something about the heft of a book, the smell of a book, that is all part of the reading experience.
7] What is the writing for?
I had to really think about this one. Now, I don't know the answer. I used to have grand humorous stories to tell about farm life and life in general. I used to think of myself as a writer...was born with a pencil in my hand. Now at sixty-one I ask myself the same question.
8] TV or not TV?
I can live with out. Senseless tv watching is a mind killer, I think. I do have a tv but I rarely sit long enough to watch a movie since I'm always thinking of something else to do.
9] What do you think about social networks?
Blogging and emails is as socially networky as I get. I have seen too many idiotic things go on inside social media...not my cuppa tea.
10] Favorite food?
My favorite flavor is chocolate but I have no favorite food. I love Chinese cuisine. I cook for family the things they like. If it were just me I would eat what ever stopped my stomach from growling, something I didn't have to cook.
11] Favorite music genres?
I enjoy a little of all. I love some of many styles but not all of any style. I lean toward rock and roll and blues. I've yet to wrap my head around the nasty rap songs and do not plan on trying.
or you may not know about me.
1. Elastic is my best friend. Any kind of restrictive clothing drives me crazy!
2. I like honesty and prefer it to bull.
3. I am squeamish doctoring a human but can do anything with an animal, including suturing a wound.
4. I have been told I am an empath especially with animals. I basically "feel" their thoughts and work with that.
5. I love all things in Nature except scorpions and ticks and mosquitoes and cock roaches and slugs. I don't have anything against them just don't want them around or on me.
6. Like Martha's sleep paralysis, I have experienced a few things that were not explainable. These experiences fascinate me but I do not seek them. My mother had the gift of "seeing" so maybe I have a touch of that or maybe I'm just "touched".
7. I can't believe Martha and I do the same thing with food! I find my favorite flavor in a plate and invariably save that for a final delicious bite.
8. I feel closer to God or The Creator in the middle of the woods far more than I do in a church.
9. I am bullheaded, impatient, creative and determined. I work hard and have no patience with slackers.
10. I am never, ever bored. I write. I paint. I imagine. I create. I sew. I crochet. I quilt. I explore.
11. I love history of the land, people and places.
Well, Martha, thanks a lot. This has been fun.
Be sure to visit Martha and the others she has
awarded challenged to lay it all out for every one to see. The purpose of this is to meet new bloggers with common interest and, in my case, you can laugh at my answers too. I forgot to say I do have a sense of humor.