a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Many Asked If I Got Even...

with my hubby.  No, never did but I keep trying.  Our second night out was on a creepy slough off the river in a boat that leaked.  What made me think this was the man I wanted to marry?

Our other house had many apple trees and we would place rubber snakes in them to scare the birds.  After the crops, we would bring the snakes in for the winter.  Unknown to my husband, he laid his pants on one that night.  The next morning when he picked up his pants, he saw the head of the snake and had a runaway.

He accused me of doing it on purpose...not me.  The next day at work, I was getting something out of my brief case for a woman and surprise, surprise, there was the snake.  The woman was scared.  I just said that is how my husband shows me he loves me.

Well, the battle is on and I can win this one!  I placed it in his boat seat with the seat folded down, you can finish that one.  The snake disappeared but I was not through and I had more snakes.

A black snake had been spotted in the shop around the welding truck.  In fact, hubby popped the hood one day and there laid the big, long, black, real snake.  This caused an idea to blossom within my evil mind.

First I have to say, when hubby is doing mechanic work, sometimes he loses his cool and jerks open the truck door.  When things are normal, he just opens the door.  I had to consider all these scenarios in my plan.

I got me some fishing line (almost invisible) and I tied it on that snake and laid him on the arm rest.  I had to practice by jerking the door open and opening it gently.  I wanted it tied just right.  I finally succeeded in the perfect position.  If he jerked the door open, it would jump and strike at him.  If he opened it gently, the snake would just be on the arm rest.

Then I waited.

Wasn't long 'til we had a lawnmower problem.  He had worked on it until he was steaming.  Had to get the tools out of the truck.  I am washing dishes and laughing as I see him stomp to the welding truck.  I knew this was going to be good!  He was mad so he jerked the door open and the snake jumped at him like a real snake striking....I am rolling by this time,  hidden in the house. 

I think he jumped back three feet and up about two feet.  It was great, worth all the time I had spent.  Great revenge.

I hear my name yelled with other words that I shall not write here and I could barely stand, I was laughing so hard.

When he came to the house, I said, Don't you know you can't win?

All the snakes disappeared until apple time the next year.

11 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Very funny. I have done that a time or two- get back at family with practical jokes. But I think my brother was probably the best at it when we were kids.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I knew you had a comeback for him. Heeeheehe! Good one Gail!

Have a good New Year's Eve!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a great one!

Treasia Stepp said...

Way to go girl. I knew you had to have done something.

Irene said...

Pretty evil, Gail. You could have given the poor man a heart attack.

Rudee said...

I love a good pay back. You're very clever and obviously like to keep him hopping.

mrscravitz said...

I love a good practical joke! That is away to funny! I did something similar to my boss. He was terrified of snakes. We were always playing jokes, and I could never get a one up. But this time I did. I laid it on top of the bathroom door with a string connected to the top of the door jamb, so that when he went in there, the snake slide off the top of the door, and would fall and hang eye level to him. Oh yeah! He almost messed his pants right there, and I almost go fired! HAHA But it was worth it! Never any more snakes after that!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I bet you needed a change of panties after that snake in the truck trick! LOL!!!


~Lisa

ellen abbott said...

Oh I laughed at that. Men can be such poor losers.

Tonia said...

Hilarious!!!

Pat said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing to myself, that is too funny!

Of course, I hate practical jokes if they are played on me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...