a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Who's The Dummy...

that HAD to go to Batesville this day???  Me, of course. 

Most people know never, ever go to a larger town or any place to buy anything this close to Christmas.  I was not most people.

First we fed, then we shopped. 

Glory be!  I did not know so many people could fit into Penney's.  Andrew needed shoes and pants because he looks like he is wading water in his jeans.  Thank goodness, he is old enough that I told him this was the major part of his Christmas.  He could wrap and wait or take it now. Yippee, I don't have to wrap.

The easiest stop was Bath and Body Works and that was in, pay, out.  I knew what I wanted and where it was.

WALMART next...I write that big because I am still shuddering over a Sunday afternoon in Wal Mart.  Came to find something for Jake.  He wants football stuff and I can't find a thing to fit him.  That's what I get for waiting.  Maybe I will give him a card and say your Christmas is a day with Nana at WALMART and let him buy his own Christmas.

We also had to shop for  a school gift.  Andrew found the rest of his Christmas!  No wrapping for me for Andrew.  He has new picks and new guitar strap and new music.

Fix-a-flat and razor blades is what hubby got for Christmas today.  I am not wrapping his either.  I received some double A batteries and some bar soap so I am fixed.  Look how much we saved on Christmas wrapping, time and paper.

There is a problem I noticed...by the time I bought cat and dog food the cart was full.  Can I take that off my taxes since I foster animals for a non-profit organization?

Things I noticed today:

WalMarts are not laid out the same.  I was lost!  Who moved the bread??? 

English was the second language. 

Nobody, I mean NOBODY, says excuse me when they are in the way or run over you.

The last thing I noticed was I am still not in the Christmas spirit and that is sad.

9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Still lookin for the lost Christmas spirit..I hope you find it soon! I dread shopping so therefore I have not done any yet..:)

Grammy said...

I'm not the tax guy but I think you could as a chartable donation. Keep the receipt. For me there is 11 day and I have yet to shop. I told Amy I could have gave her my card so she could have shopped for me.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some things checked off your list. WalMart here is the same way...none of the stores are laid out the same and the crowds of people are so rude!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

She' makin' a list and checkin' it twice! So glad your gettin'~er~done!

The Walmart thing. Ours changes everything around every two weeks, I swear. I'm always lost in it.

Have a wonderful day enjoying the Christmas season!!!

ellen abbott said...

I am so glad to be done.

Rudee said...

I don't think they sell the Christmas spirit in Wal Mart. In fact, I know they don't. They sell the commercial free for all that they market as the Christmas spirit.

I hope you got a holiday scented candle from Bath and Body. If you did, light it and close your eyes. Maybe that will help.

Lori E said...

I haven't shopped for gifts yet. I am not worried. I will come up with something that is nice for each person. It was so much easier when they were little.
You need tea, cookies and some nice peaceful music. Either that or some time in the barn.

Pat said...

I shipped out packages last week to the tune of over $50! Yikes! I have to order some things on the internet, then I'm done. I've been lucky and have shopped during the week and not had too many problems with crowds.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Walmart and shopping stole your Christmas is what I'm sayin'! And I'm stickin' to it, too. They always steal my good mood.....and I've still got to do my Christmas shopping. I've never waited this late. Maybe I can shop at 2am....Walmart's got to be quiet then, right?

bah humbug!

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...