a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Social Unrest


Sometimes we do act up a little.

We have to reenforce boundries.

We have to test the waters.  It is just natural.

The majority of the time, we just get along.

Other times it is heck around here.  I have turned over a new leaf, and shall tell tall tales I think you may want to hear.  Comments are open so please feel free...

I seem to have created a picture where this is a perfect little place and nothing ever goes wrong.  So wrong...like the day the goat was after Gentry and would not leave her alone.  Princess, hooking those horns sideways when she tries to intimidate something or someone and poor Gentry constantly trying to get away from her.  I would have laughed if I had not felt so sorry for Gen.

Maggie Mae, the house Border Collie and Queen of the pack, just has to look at one of the others and they know to toe that line.  Lil has to shake someone every now and then.  No damage but I guess she is second in charge.  We do try to avoid these but sometimes shit happens and life is not so rosy At The Farm.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Yes, tell it like it is, Gail. Don't let us walk around with all these illusions about the perfect farm life. We're darn near jealous of you and your animal kingdom. Give us the low down. It's good to see that there is some strive between the animals, otherwise we'll see everything through rose colored glasses.

Pyatshaw said...

Thank goodness you told us about these squabbles. We have a few here, like the times I had my finger torn sorting out a "squabble" but like you say, most of the time we all get by--even Chic and I!!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It's not always the lion and the lamb 'round the farm is it?

Have a peaceful day!!!

Pat said...

Glad to hear it - 'cause I thought you were the dog whisperer, cat whisperer, chicken whisperer, etc...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...