a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sam, My Horse Whisperer In Action


The last one to train is Broken Arrow, Haflinger/Arabian, son of Knot and Charme. (Cut Knot a week too late!)  This big baby is still nursing mom because like all these blessed animals here, they are all babied and overfed.

Broken Arrow is a yard dog.  Nothing has been done with him except being petted, brushed, and spoiled in general.

She amazes me!

Arrow ain't half bad either, even in his winter coat.

Working her magic on Broken Arrow.

Sam makes it look so easy.

Nicely done for a first short lesson.
Yep, gonna be like Sam when I grow up!

7 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Broken Arrow is beautiful, even if he is a big baby. :) It looks like he did really well with the horse whisperer.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Oh my Gods! I thought I was looking at pictures of a movie for a second. Gail that is a beautiful thing, all of it: the horses, the landscape, even Sam's hat is kind of wondrous! Thanks for sharing this little piece of natural heaven with someone who is suffocating in an overflowing city.

Mel said...

Does Sam do dogs? LOL

Love the pictures of the horses at work in the round pen. I have found it to be a "huge payoff" if you are willing and able to imprint the foal right after birth. This is of course if they are born on your farm.

We tend to do alittle spoiling here also, not to mention the overfeeding.

Happy Trails,
Mel

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I agree with the other commenter--even Sam's hat is great! She's gold. Glad she's helping you with your horses. Broken Arrow is beautiful.

Pyatshaw said...

Great girl......and BLONDE as well!!!!

DesertHen said...

I think Sam really knows her stuff!! Impressive photos!

Pat said...

That horse is beautiful; love that galloping photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...