a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Odds and Ends

While shopping, I noticed a couple in the shoe department.  Stacks of shoe boxes all around, the husband patiently sat and his wife tried pair after pair.  I noticed some of the shoes, a silver glittery high heeled shoe, a muti-strapped high heeled shoe...I assumed they must be for some formal event.  I did not see the final choice but did hear the comment, "You won't have to worry about getting home, you will just have to click your heels together."

I have lost all my gloves or missplaced or worn them out.  I had no nice gloves for my coat so I spent a whole dollar on a beautiful colorful pair of gloves.  The next day at work a lady, who had heart surgery earlier in the year, came through on her way to the VA with someone else.  She said I am freezing.  When I felt her hands, they were like ice.  I said, put your gloves on and she said I don't have any.  I said wait a minute and gave her my new gloves.  She said I will bring them back, I said no, Merry Christmas.  She was almost crying when she hugged me.  Amazing the pleasure I have received from that one dollar.

What is even more amazing is the two new pair of gloves I have received from a friend and my sister!  Kindness does come back to you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful story about the gloves. If we listen with our heart, we know just what someone needs and most often, it's the small, inexpensive gifts that mean the most! God bless.

Lori E said...

Isn't that a nice thing to do for someone. Cold hands warmed by a kind gift.
You should have made a nice kind comment on the ladies shoes...you may have received some nice kicks to wear for New Years. Lol.

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

The lady had cold hands and you have a warm heart. Wonderful story.

Maxine

Rudee said...

What touching stories...all of them. I do believe you got more gloves than you needed because you were so giving of your own.

Bless you, Gail. You have a great big heart.

ellen abbott said...

Sweet!

Irene said...

I already knew you were a generous woman, Gail. You've proved it again.

Pat said...

I love the story of the older couple looking for shoes and the comment at the end. Priceless.

You must have made that woman's day with your act of kindness. Maybe she will pay if forward. How nice that you received two more pairs of gloves!

Gigi Ann said...

I have lost so many pairs of gloves, that most of the time I just keep my hands in my pockets.

Wonderful thing you did for the cold handed lady, but I already knew you were a kind and generous person.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

God bless your for your generosity Miss Gail. It came back twofold. Just goes to show ya, ya can't out give God. :o)

Enjoy your day!!!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

This is just like you...kind and giving. Don't you feel blessed for looking out for another?

Sorry about the new picture. I am trying to find one that doesn't look like me.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a lovely generous thing to do Gail..you are very kind! Great post..I really enjoy hearing good news sometimes! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...