a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, January 16, 2009

Just Another Poem

Written 1998 By Me
~
I, in my ignorance,
Thought of them as blind
To all things
They had left behind.
~
I never gave them credit
Of Feeling Love's first bliss
Nor could I see them
Having passion with a kiss.
~
And as I grew much older
With children of my own
I found my parents' blindness
Was not theirs alone.
~
I had indeed forgotten
The passions I swore they'd never seen
Now I was the blind parent
Not completely...
But somewhere in between.

6 comments:

Grammy said...

I can relate to this.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Very deep...much to ponder in this poem, Gail.

~Lisa~aka~Rapunzle

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

The cycle of the seasons! LOL

Vandana Sharma said...

Well, to be in the shoes!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a very touching poem.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is so interesting to begin to see our parents differently once we are parents ourselves -and even cooler to see awareness dawning in OUR kids once they become parents in their turn. (I know. I am Impossibly Old. LOL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...