a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time For Some Green

Remember that stuff?
Not money...green grass, green plants, flowers!
I have a bad case of SAD and thought some fall pictures might cheer everyone.




I long for the green of spring and summer and it is weeks away.


No more snow! No more cold!

I dream of spring nights with the sounds of birds, crickets, and frogs singing to the dark. I love the smell of spring and things growing so fast you can almost hear them grow.
I long for feet in the creek and spring water cress.
I listen to the winter winds as we prepare for the coldest night this winter.
I listen, in vain, for the night cry of "Whip Poor Will" and hope that they are warm.
I listen and I long for longer days, warmer days.
But I don't miss the ticks!!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my I LOVE your selection of pictures..yes I needed this photos also..I sooo want spring to be here..thanks for posting those.
I taught Pottery for 35 years in a public high school. I also had my own business for a while..I do have a wheel and a kiln at my house and mostly use a stoneware clay that I fire to about 2300 degrees F. I also work in low fire red ware clay which fires at about 2000 degrees F. Are you digging your own clay??
you can e-mail me at siennablu@aol.com if you want instead of leaving info on posts :)

allhorsestuff said...

Meeee too...I bawled my eyes out tonight when I could not get the silly computer to open anyone's blog! It is the lack of s l e e p!
And I am not sleeping now either...middle of the night.
Well, the sun is out these days here..though foggy and brisk still...it has begun to stay light till 5pm. I think a summer post is in order...to dream upon, you inspired me!
KK

DesertHen said...

Look at all of that green!! Wonderful photos! Spring will be here before we know it....=)

Carla said...

Our spring is so short, our summer so long. We really don't get snow, just a few moments of ice and lots of cold wind, with a warm day every now and then. BUT I am surrounded by (local) pine trees. THANK GOD for pine trees:) and surrounded by brown. Stark winter brown. Would I miss spring if I had it all the time? Maybe, maybe not.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wonderful writings, Gail!

I miss green, too. But until I'm strong enough to walk by myself and move unheeded by crutches, I'm fine with winter...for now.

~Lisa~aka~Rapunzle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...