a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, January 9, 2009

Skywatch Friday With Conversation


I awoke at 4:30 AM with Shakespeare running through my head! Now that's the advantage of being raised by people who believed in self-education! To be or not to be, A Rose by any other name, and it just kept pouring in...then Edgar Allen Poe stopped by and then Billy Joel jumped into the conversation, I even think Hemingway was there. And I call this place At The Farm!


Any way I decided it must be a higher power, telling me to get up and blog(you are aware of my addiction?).


Shakespeare will be referred to as Willie, Edgar Allan Poe as Ed, Ernest Hemingway as Ernie and Billy Joel as Bill to simplify my typing and because they were in my head and I can call them anything I want to at five am.


Willie started talking about that to be or not to be stuff and I told him to hush, I was going to be no matter what he said! He told me how all the world's a stage, and this was our winter of discontent. I know that Willie, haven't you said that before?


Earnie pipes us and tells me I have to take a lot of punishment to write something funny and I answered don't you think waking me this early is punishment enough? He said a man can be destroyed but never defeated. Ernie, remember, you own words, keep your mouth shut.


Poor ole Ed was quietly listening to our conversation. Mostly he is quiet but when Ed speaks, I listen. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. Are you borrowing this thought from Willie? Ed says the larger portion of truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. I know that Ed, why do you think I am writing this conversation down? He moodily says as his parting line, I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. He quietly fades out of the conversation.


You are a good man, Ed. Come back to visit.


Bill, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes, it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete when I wore a younger girls clothes. He joked let's share a drink called loneliness, it's better than drinking alone...but, Bill, I don't drink. Okay, so only speak to those who agree and close your mind when you don't want to know. Don't get teed-off, Bill, I just don't want a drink! It's too early!


Then Will Rogers speaks up, I didn't even know he was there!! He is just listening and decides to jump in. A difference in opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries. What??? He says all I know is just what I read in the papers and that is an alibi for my ignorance. I'm loosing your train of thought here. It is awfully early. Then ole Will drawls Chaotic action is preferred to orderly inaction. Gosh, Will. Thanks for stopping by. Always love talking to you and yes, I do know not to squat with my spurs on and to never slap a man who chews tobacco.


It's been great, guys. Gotta go, another day, another dollar. Write some of this shit down, you never know who may need your words.

10 comments:

laurie said...

thoughts at 4 a.m. --- all a-swirl, all a jumble, but you're right to write them down. they're funny, they're crazy, and who knows? they might be useful at some point...

what a brain you have, gail!

Jeannelle said...

Gail.....cool! Wow, your mind works well early in the morning. Very clever, adding the unique conversation to SkyWatch. Billy Joel in there, too?

You might like the book, "The Poe Shadow".....I read it recently.

Have a great day!

rhymeswithplague said...

Hilarious!

One question, though. A Rose by any other night?

Tina said...

Wow..that was some conversation! don't know what to say. Mostly my cat and dog get me up at 4 in the morning and they don't say much!! lol

Grammy said...

I love all the detail in the photo you captured the water below. It is a spot full of things to look at.

Your words are so alive with knowledge. These touched me most.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
let's share a drink called loneliness, it's better than drinking alone..
My favorite one. I love this!
I do know not to squat with my spurs on and to never slap a man who chews tobacco.

I can only wish I could write like this. So much wisdom in so little space.
Have a wonderful day and remember to play.
Grammy

Tiffany said...

Love it!!

Gigi Ann said...

Well, what can I say?! Maybe send the boys home and get some sleep. That was crazy funny. I hope you had a good day today and the boys went to sleep and left you alone.

C-ingspots said...

You silly willy!!! Ever think of changing the name to the Funny Farm?? I'm just sayin' :)

Carla said...

And you remembered all that!? Wow, thats some imagination you got there-love it
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! (yes, I'm shouting, so you can hear me all the way down here in TX:)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

whew....All I have to say is that I'm just glad I didn't come over here to your Funny Farm to try and read and comprehend this post.

Too early for visitors of this sort. :P

~Rapunzle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...