a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Secret Kitchen

Many of you know, to see the soul of a woman, look in her kitchen. If I had taken a before picture, you could have really seen my soul, lost. You have seen my private sitting area, even my bedroom, but no room reflects the soul quite like the kitchen.




Thanks to the magic of my sister, Beverly, once again, she has brought order and beauty into my life. And she used my stuff! We added nothing and took nothing away, except dust. Her artful arrangement and her extreme talent of seeing has turned my kitchen corner into a soothing place of functional beauty!


Each piece has a story. As Beverly cleaned, I was traveling down memory lane and enjoying the journey.

Every one should be so blessed.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow!! Your kitchen is gorgeous. It has a very warm and homey feel to it, and I am glad that your sister helped "find" it once again. :)

Tiffany said...

What a sweet sweet kitchen. I can just imagine sitting there drinking sweet tea and eating doughnuts! hehe
Love all the little things that make up your room...

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Yea to Beverly! It's as I imagined!
...except where's all the dishes you claim to let pile up? did she do those for you? ...*wink..

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thanks to Beverly for helping you showcase your beautiful, interesting soul, Gail. I peeked into my kitchen the other day, after having not seen it for 2 weeks, and was appaled at the chaos.

I had to just turn my head and go back to me bed. There is nothing I can do about it, so all I can do is let it go.

This is very difficult for me. Maybe this is one of the lessons I'm supposed to take from this experience?
I don't know....

At this point, all I know is at any moment of the day, I'm 2 seconds away from crying.

And I've prided myself in being tough, unable, and unwilling to cry over anything but the big stuff.

Except now, everything seems to be 'big stuff'.

Take Care and enjoy your cozy kitchen. I'd sure love to be able to sit there, sipping some tea and eating homemade muffins with you.

~Rapunzle

DesertHen said...

Love the way the castiron skillets are placed on the wall. Beverly did a great job for you. Have fun cooking in your peaceful kitchen...=)

Carla said...

heaven! Pure heaven!

gld said...

That is my kind of kitchen. I love having things out where I can see them and grab what I want. I love the dark wood of the shelving.

Now I need to go back and find your other 'inside' pictures.

I have a nest by my shelves where I pretty much live!

LilliStJohn said...

Beverly needs to come to my house. I love this kitchen of yours and love the way this is all done. I like the skillets placed on the wall. Everything is handy and within reach. Kool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...