a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tragic Loss



A terrible loss happened weeks ago. I have not had the strength to share.

The coroner reports have come back as a suicide. There were no witnesses and he left no note. That is never easy to deal with, blaming yourself and thinking there is something I could have done.  I should have seen it coming.

He was special to me, I had only known him four short years but he had lived a life time before he moved in.

In his passing, he has left to mourn...me. Preceded in death by the pink flower vase.

To ease my burden, he was interred immediately but will always be in my heart.
Almost Gone Flower is close to my dishwasher so I can visit him daily.


Please, bear with my grief! The passing of this great piece has left an empty spot on my shelf and in my heart. If you see any of his relatives, please, have them notify me, I have a vacancy!

9 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, that is heartbreaking! Hang in there, it will get easier.

Unknown said...

I'm so confused!

Gail said...

Plese, I feel the need to clarify this. It is supposed to be funny! It also has a hidden lesson that we place too much importance on things.
This deer statue was purchased at a junk store for $2 four years ago. I did enjoy it. It fell off a shelf when no one was around. I have placed the head in a flower pot.
I am currently searching ebay for his twin brother.
Satire, supposed to make you smile! Please do not send flowers!
Remember, the post where I mentioned my sick sense of humor, well, here it is.

Tiffany said...

My condolences on the loss of such a dear deer friend...

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL! I've had those "losses" too...time heals, and so does another visit to the junk store!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Very resourceful of you, Gail, placing the little guy into a different line of work.

Now go back to the junkstore and have fun finding more things that are destined for suicide by falling and breaking to bits.

Just imagine all the knicky knackies you'll end up with in your flower pots when this chaos is over.

~Rapunzle

DesertHen said...

LOL...love your take on your "loss" So sorry he just jumped off the shelf like that...you just never know what is going to push them over the edge.

Hope you find his twin soon, so he can fill the void left on your shelf.......=)

Carla said...

hahahahaha!! He was so handsome! Maybe suicide is what my 'groom' was up to and it really wasn't broken by my children? And, like you, I kept the head.

(can you imagine committing suicide to escape, and the ones your escaping from keep the head??)

SkippyMom said...

I don't know how I missed this post...but HAHAHAAHAHA! Gosh, this is funny :D

I love the repurpose on the head.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...