a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Day In Heaven


It rained just enough this morning to take the rest of the snow with it.  I do not know the temperature but the day was beautiful.  Coats were not needed.  My oldest daughter and I headed to the creek to look for relics and pretty rocks.

Yoda followed every step.  I believe I shall call him a farm dog now.  He learned how to jump from rock to rock through the creek.  Yoda did not panic when I was out of sight, he did not cry when the creek was between us.  Yoda actually looked for a way across and did very well.

We followed the creek and enjoyed the morning.  Melissa found a perfect arrowhead in a wonderful color we had never found before.  As usual, we returned with a pocketful.  I think we both can say we have never seen an ugly rock.

We enjoyed the walk, the water, the weather and the fun of the search.  It could not have been a better day.

A beautiful day, a gift from heaven!

We had both daughters and all grandsons here today.  I have gobs of pictures so you will tire of my Sunday before I tire of telling about it.

WARNING:  More to come!

9 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

Bring it on! They are very nice.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Melissa's cigarette was getting me in the mood!!!!! (Isn't it sad that I noticed that?)

Anyway, Kelly and I did the same thing because the weather was so nice. We took a walk in the woods and we went to the "dump" and looked for old bottles. We found some good stuff. A brown poison bottle, a brown prescription bottle, a cobalt blue bottle and something really unusual--a big clear flask-shaped type bottle with what appears to be aqua-colored aftershave still in it and a cobalt blue stopper! I should take a picture.

I also agree about the rocks. Love rocks. I found one recently with a white cross on it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds/looks like a great day. I LOVE seeing your pictures, so I'll be checking in each day this week to see them. My hubby loves to hunt/collect rocks too.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Oh that's brings back memories and I am thinking a post...on arrowhead days. My dad use to collect and hunt for them. He would take us on the weekends to newly plowed fields.

Hope your camera is making you happy.

Rudee said...

Your Yoda is the most interesting looking dog. That's quite a coat he has there.

ellen abbott said...

It was a nice day here too but no creek to visit.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yippee skippee more is good. What beautiful weather we are having. I love it. We have gained 30 minutes of sunlight since Dec. Woohoo!

Have a great day!!!

Pat said...

Collecting rocks - right up my alley! In fact, as a little girl, I liked rocks SO MUCH that I'd put them in a paper bag and put them under my pillow and sleep on them! So I had rocks UNDER my head. In later years I know have rocks IN my head. Did they get there by osmosis? Inquiring minds want to know!

LilliStJohn said...

I love this. We had a full beach day yesterday and all I did was roam and search for treasures and I found lots. Teenie Weenie shells, rocks dried crab legs, odd bits of twisted wood and tons of sea glass.Eating a bag of LAYS potato chips and a cold root beer, while watching the Eagles and sea life, fishing boats coming and going - Yep, it was pure magic. I think I would faint if I ever found an arrowhead - i'm more likely to find a clam shell :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...