a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow!!!!!!!


Our sunrise on this eventful Sunday, tried to shine but the snow clouds would not allow it.

In Arkansas, in Izard County, the world comes to a halt when it snows.  We are not equipped to handle snow since we rarely have it.  We know this, the roads will not be clear, there will be ice under there and yet people think they can drive and continue to do so. 

The police, the road crews, volunteers were out all night assisting  people out of the messes their lack of understanding placed them in.  We only had two inches and suddenly everybody has to go somewhere.  Front wheel drive does not work if you do not know how to drive!  Rear wheel even less and sometimes even the four wheel drives do not do well, because mainly it is the operator that tells the success of equipment.

I had big plans but the wise woman in me said do not drive.  So I stayed put, a wise move.  Even the roosters were smart enough to TRY and stay out of it.

Stay warm!

12 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

We have more snow here- 4 inches. :( Stay warm. Lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

Pretty snow pictures! GA comes to a grinding halt when we have a little snow. I've learned over the years to just stay out of it!!!

Rudee said...

We've lucked out with the snow lately, only getting an inch or two at once. Now I know the earth needs more snow in our neck of the woods, but I'm satisfied so far, and more than ready with my 4WD sleigh. I do know how to operate it under the most extreme circumstances. More than 6 inches has to fall before I think twice.

That is the bravery that only years of battling the conditions can give a girl. I do recall how frightened I was to drive the first time in a blizzard.

Treasia Stepp said...

Beautiful snow pics. They were calling for us to have snow here but no such luck. Just extremely cold weather is all. Cold enough that my water is froze in the bathroom downstairs.

Pyatshaw said...

It's a bit like that here in UK--we get some snow most years but
only get a lot once in a while--this is our "once in a while" with well over a foot of the stuff and never-ending frost. Councils are running out of salt and grit but being British it's a case of carry on with a stiff upper lip!!!!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

How true, how true. I'm from Minnesota so we're very good at driving in snow. Couldn't believe it when I was working in Memphis and the entire city came to a screeching halt over 3 little inches of snow on the ground!! :)

An English Shepherd said...

Some great pics. No snow here at the moment but we have some forcast :-)

Wizz :-)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm lovin' that cocky rooster pic!

Stay cozy!!!

DesertHen said...

Smart to stay in where it is safe and warm!

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Extremely cold in Washington County also. Snow in lots of placesand lots of cars in ditches more weather to come. BAH HUMBUG!!!! High on Thursday is 13.

Gorgeous pictures.

Maxine

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I sent that snow to you. How do you like it? Aren't I nice to share :) hehe!

I never drive when it has snowed or while it's snowing. I'm one of those nuts that stock up like crazy before a storm is forcasted, and then I hunker down at home, all cozy with lots of food and warm drinks to sip.

Stay warm and enjoy your snow,
~Lisa

Pat said...

Sounds like Virginia. When we lived there, the whole town shut down after a couple of inches of snow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...