a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow



The wonderful weather symbols, one is flurries, the other is snow, who knows which it will be.  We were supposed to get two inches but it has surpassed that and is still snowing.

Before daylight out the lodge window

looks like I will not be wading the creek.

Another out the lodge window

This baby will be moving hay later.

Out the back door and still snowing

The valley through the porch screen.

I shall feed and that will the end of my outdoor activities today.  I will carry the camera, may find some wonderful shots but probably will be shaking too badly for it to be clear.  This may be the best you get.

Stay warm and enjoy your Sunday.

8 comments:

Sunny said...

Your first picture is really beautiful, almost magical.
It is snowing and blowing here and wind chill is about 10 below. I wanted to pull the covers over my head and stay in my warm bed!
Enjoy your day and keep warm.
Sunny :)

ellen abbott said...

What a miserable winter this is. They are predicting low temps in the mid 20s by Fridays. That usually means busted water pipes for us. Shit! and what will I do about the turtle! Low 30s, I don't worry about her.

Carla said...

Heavenly! I love looking at it, but not for long. Think there is snow in heaven? It does look divine. Have a lovely Sunday:)

Lori E said...

I am actually seeing some sunshine in the distance here today. You can keep the snow.
I like the photo through the screen door. Very artistic, or were you just to cold to go back outside.

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

I don'tlike this snow, especially if we have to go out in it, which I do have to. We are suppose to have more later in the week.

What happened to GLOBAL WARMING!!!

DesertHen said...

Snow always looks so pretty when falling...its the piling up of the stuff that I don't much care for.

Pat said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Snow is beautiful unless you have to drive in it! We've had snow here in our travels. It's been nice to look at, but boy is it cold!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

We have six inches on right now and the temp has finally warmed to zero. {{SIGH}} The weatherman said this morn our norm is 42 this time of year. Must be that Global Warmin' stuff. I need to do chores. I've been putting off donning the Carhartts and gettin' it done. Baby it's cold out there!

Hope your day is blessed and full of hot chocolate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...