a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Glory, Glory...The National Bird!!!!!


The most wonderful thing happened this afternoon.  Hubby says come with me.  I did.  This is what I saw!!!!
It is terrible to pray for something so unimportant but I was praying to get a good picture of this beauty.

I was saying Lord, don't let him fly.

Please, let me get a picture that shows this magnificent bird.

God was listening.  I am not saying it could have been better.
I am so grateful that I had this chance.

Trying to capture a shot of his glorious wing span as he flew, saying, oh, shit, and praying at the same time...I shall have to apologize for that.

I have seen Bald Eagles on White River around Painter's Bluff and a young eagle once fishing in the river's edge.  But never, oh never, have I seen this glorious, beautiful, brought back from almost extinction bird of prey At The Farm.

Thank you, God, and uh, about that new camera...

15 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Gail you did it again. I see things and by the time I get my camera the darn critters are gone. We had a young eagle in the big elm tree in our front yard last spring. We have had three flyin' around the past couple of weeks.

It's so cool God cares about the little things too! Great pic

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing! We really enjoy your pics.

Judy said...

Good Job Gail - He almost posed for you.

Tonia said...

I think it so cool to get pictures like that. Me and my youngest girl drove up and down our road with her out the sunroof of the van trying to get a pic of an eagle in the field across the road from our house then... He was eating and it was so cool to watch!! GREAT Picture!!!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

No... No...not even. NO. Wow. I love it. I will come live with you so I can take a picture like that. Yes, I am. I'm packing right now. Don't try and stop me. WOW. How b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.

Lori Skoog said...

What a great catch! Beautiful shots.

ellen abbott said...

How awesome is that! Marc called me to the front window last weekend to see a big owl perched on the wire just outside. The first one I have seen out here.

Rudee said...

Wow! Such awesome luck you had, and what wonderful skills in capturing his majestic presence. I hope he comes around often. Maybe you could get some mice to toss his way.

Unknown said...

I've only ever seen one in the wild - how wonderful to have one at your farm!!!

[I think God forgives cursing from photographers...]

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

WOW! Just WOW! See, you should never ever leave the house without a camera. You'd miss too many magical moments like this one!


~Lisa

Grammy said...

That is awesome! We have eagle days here at the lake on the 19th. So It looks like they are on the way early this year. I can hardly wait to see them again. We were swooped in our car and wow what a wing span. You got some wonderful photos! We still have snow falling here.

Anonymous said...

These are just amazing pictures you ot.Thank you so much for sharing!
:)
Betty Manousos

Rural Rambler said...

Great pictures Gail of an awesome bird. You captured him beautifully in the leafless tree with that snowy sky. Yowza!

Nishant said...

It's so cool God cares about the little things too! Great pic

Work from home India

Pat said...

Gail - this is a beautiful picture of the eagle. It looks so majestic in the tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...