a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Camera Is Here!



Some kind of winter berry bush at work.

with a nest tucked away,


and rain drops dripping from the berries.

Not bad for my first try!  Just had to rip my package open, charge my battery and search for a subject on lunch break.

I looked at lots of cameras, but because of my lack of knowledge, I went with an easy one.  I can play and let the camera do the work.  When I get braver, I can try my own settings. 

I chose a Canon Power Shot SX200 IS, 12.1 Megapixels, with lots of zoom.  I purchased from QVC because I can try it for thirty days and no matter the reason, I can send it back.  Just these few pictures are all I've taken but if the weather is good...Look Out!

14 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations! You'll have lots of fun with it. I had a Canon PowerShot a few years ago, and it took wonderful pictures! Love your berries. :)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Wonderful pictures. Now you will have even more fun blogging. I mean that's what our world is now... right?

Rudee said...

Nice pictures! Have fun with your new camera. I should have knit you some fingerless mittens with a flip top mitt.

Lori Skoog said...

I have the same camera and use it only when I am not getting dirty in the barn. The close up of the berries is sensational. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting.

DesertHen said...

Great shots! Have fun with the camera.......=)

Lori E said...

Good grief I wondered what that infernal clicking sound was this morning...Those of us on the west coast get up a little later you know. Pacific time and all that.
I love the raindrop on the berry. That is a really great shot.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Great shots for just trying it out...........good job!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I think your first pictures are wonderful! I don't think you'll be taking that camera back.

Grammy said...

Thats awesome! Great photos too. You will get spoiled. I know I did. I miss my camera.

Achieve1dream said...

Very nice pictures!! Congrats on the new camera.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Love the Canon PowerShots! Lookin' good Gail. That berry close up is gorgeous!
And I like the fence shot, too.

Have fun!
~Lisa

Tami Weingartner said...

Good shots! I have a Canon powershot p&s as well. It's been a faithful little camera for about 4 years and is still shooting away!

Good pick!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl, this is gonna be fun! I'm so excited to see what your goin' to come up with.

Have a great day and much fun with the new camera!!!

God bless

Pat said...

Great shots - I love the water dripping from the berries, and the fence post. Those are my favorite out of the four shots.

I'm currently taking a photography course through NYIP (New York Institute of Photography) and they say that it really doesn't matter WHAT kind of camera you have - if you have the eye for taking photos - seeing the opportunities - and knowing some simple techniques - you can get a great picture - even from those throw away cameras!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...