a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Andrew, Lauren Gray, Sarah Jo Roark and The Highway 289 Band...

With a few more thrown in for good measure.  The line up was loaded with talent, the crowd was in the mood for music and they were not disappointed.
Melodie Clemmons with her Highway 289 Band opened the show for a live radio performance.  Among special guests performing were Lauren Gray, the young woman who was on American Idol.
Her father, an extremely talented musician, Mike Gray made his Les Paul sing and blend and accent Lauren's voice.  It was a performance Horseshoe Bend will not soon forget.
Melbourne's very own Sarah Jo Roark joined Lauren.  I thought I was watching The Voice. 
Melodie called it the battle of the Divas...two beautiful power house voices joined perfectly to win the crowd.  Sarah Jo belted some Janis Joplin, wooed us with Imagine and some Delta Blues. 

To be honest, I have forgotten most of the songs, because I was lost in the magic of the night, just one of the crowd feeling the music, the power of the moment...and certainly not concentrating on great photography.
Then it was Andrew's turn...how could he top these women?  He calmly walked onto the stage and said, "Diva time is over". He make his Gibson sing the blues, the crowd went wild.  His second song was Stevie Ray Vaughn's Pride and Joy. Mike played him note for note and it was dueling guitars...the crowd was thrilled.  This old Nana was bursting with pride and screaming my head off like a teenager.
Without one music lesson, this fifteen year old dueling with Mike Gray brought down the house...and Saturday night was his first time to play with Mr Gray.
Look at the smiles on these men's faces!
Watch for Sarah Jo Roark, everyone wants her on The Voice.
Andrew living large with Lauren, American Idol star
Andrew's mom, brother, aunt, cousin and Nana and Papa attended.
This sweet lady showing holiday spirit
allowed me to take her picture.

People were shaking Andrew's hand, telling him how wonderful his playing was, asking all kinds of questions but when it came time for the group photo of the performers, Andrew had disappeared.  He was saying goodnight to his girl friend who attended and this seemed more important to him at the moment. I suppose those same hormones are part of what makes his music sooo good.

Best St Paddy's Day EVER!

16 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Congratulations Andrew I wish I could have heard that sounds like a great time. hat a great moment. B

the canned quilter said...

Good job Andrew : )

TexWisGirl said...

wow! congrats to him! that's awesome!

Lynne said...

WOW . . . how great was that! Talk about FANTASTIC, you brought happy tears to my eyes! I like his Green Bay Packer t-shirt too . . .

LindaG said...

Haha. Probably true. :)
Thanks for all the pictures!

DesertHen said...

Sounds like all of you experienced an Amazing evening! Congrats to Andrew on another "bringin down the house" performance!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go Andrew! What a wonderful evening it must have been! :)

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! I am so glad it went so well, and I am being serious, too!

Susan Anderson said...

You must have been in heaven watching him in such good company. To say nothing of how he must have felt!

It's all so exciting. What a natural talent he must have. A real blessing. (I'd love to hear him!)

=)

Michaele said...

Yea for him! And for such a good, good day!!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I'm so proud of him and would have liked to have seen and heard him.

I need to dust off my guitar and toughen up my fingers again.

T

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Can I have his autograph???

Wow, I know in my heart that Andrew is goona do great things. Geese...seems it's already begun.

I'm just proud as punch for your very talented superstar. I can only imagine how your bustin' at the seams for him.

Thanks for sharin' this...someday your gonna have to post a video of one of his performances.

God bless and have a great week sweetie!!! :o)

Irene said...

I wish I had been there to hear him play. It must have been a wonderful experience. He's naturally gifted, no doubt about it.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I just fainted. Mind pouring a glass of water on me..please!!! OMG! I am sooo impressed..
*passes out again*

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Ok..it's a real question who is going to famous first. Andrew for his playing or you for your writing. I wish you would write and submit something...Please do it before I croak...ok?? Andrew is putting himself out there..talk about confidence!! :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Sorry...another thought..
Please make a video next time and POST IT!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...