a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The MAG 108...Fishing?

is dedicated to the enjoyment of poets and writers, for the purpose of honing their craft, sharing it with like-minded bloggers, and keeping their muses alive and well.
1) Write a poem or short vignette using the picture featured in this post as your inspiration. Feel free to take the photo to use for your post.
2) Link back to Magpie Tales from your post.
3) Sign up in the Mr. Linky list, linking directly to your post, AFTER you've posted.

A delightful fun way to stretch your imagination and let your fingers do the talking.  This is the picture posted to let our imaginations run wild.
Quietly, she stood, making sure no more bubbles surfaced.  It had been a difficult venture but she was up for it, tough person that she was.

Those beautiful eyes looked at her as she lowered him into the water, holding him under, waiting...she took her time.  She wanted this to be done right.

When he could be seen no more, receding into the deep waters, she stood...and she wondered.

Why did she fish, if she only sets them free?

25 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I love pictures like that -- the camera hasn't quite found its focus but you see more in less detail.

We live on a small farm in Empire, Alabama. So the name of your blog jumped out at me.

Dreaming said...

Oh my... that gave me goosebumps! Great surprise ending!

Susan Anderson said...

I LOVE this, Gail.

=)

Grace Curtis said...

Gail, I love this! Obviously you saw it as water, which it is of course, and I didn't even see that when I looked at it. To me it was a blurry photo of someone standing at the entrance of an arched woodland path. Lovely poem

:)

Helen said...

Wonderful, wonderful ~ catch and release is the way to go!!

Laurel's Quill said...

Glad it was only a fish...I like it...and I just figured out what you meant by word verification...I thought I used bad English...anyway...I reverted to the old dashboard and removed it...I hate it too and I didn't know I was using it!!! Arggg... THANK YOU, GAIL!!!!!!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh I was scared until I came to the end! You had me riveted!

Brian Miller said...

ha i thought this was going elsewhere...but my answer is it is the adventure and fun in the catch...

DCW said...

Well done! Our anticipation of the ending tells us something about ourselves; your ending revealed brings a smile of recognition.

Kathe W. said...

excellent and clever twist- I did not see that coming!

LindaG said...

Great twist, Gail! :-)

Lou Belcher said...

What a fun exercise... Nice vignette ...

Lou

labbie1 said...

Hehe! Surprised me! :)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

What a surprise ending!...:)JP

Unknown said...

Definitely, this poem is the catch of the day, Gail. You managed to hook me me up at the end. Thank you for sharing this compelling scenario.

Irene said...

That's great. You know I was expecting something much more macabre. I'm happy with this ending too. I do like the way your mind works like mine. I like the creepy crawlies. The odder, the better. XOX

Karen said...

Nice twist at the end. I was expecting something more sinister!

Trisha said...

Love this piece of writing! as for fishing, I am not a fan of hooking any animal by the throat, but at least if they're released back into the water I can maybe sort of kind of forgive the 'fishing' act. :P

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What fun....fishin'....I sure didn't see that one comin'!!!

I tell ya girl...book material in the poems of yours.

Have a bright day my friend.

God bless ya! :o)

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Excellent twist at the end - breathed a sigh of relief!

Anna :o]

Frances Garrood said...

A brilliant take on a difficult Magpie. Well done!

Merlyn Mischief said...

Lovely imagery....giving life sounded so much like taking it away for a bit...But the return is a nice twist.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad she sets them free

depth of field

LilliStJohn said...

It's quite amazing really, how our imaginations can run amuck, with a simple few words. You drew me in, and I was hooked.......line and sinker. GREAT

Brian Miller said...

smiles...you snuck in at the last moment there at dverse....been here already, but wanted to say it was cool to see you there...smiles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...