a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Jenny...

Jenny likes to play.  She gives us writing challenges each week.  Stop by and check out every one's take on this week's prompt.  I'm living the dream, man...

Here are the rules:  Number of words: 100 EXACTLY including the 5 words of the prompt.
Style of writing: Any so long as the total word count is EXACTLY 100 words
Pictures: As many extra pictures as you like.  Link back to Jenny at Saturday Centus.
The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.
The cows are out, the fence is down, something pulled the hair out of a cow’s tail.  The mower won’t start and the grass is growing high where the cows don’t eat.  The hungry ticks are out and the wasps are flying.  The chickens pooped on the porch again and the pup has gathered things to chew. 

The spring water is sweet and I still live free.  The rain has renewed the rooted things and cleared the air.  No matter how much work there is, things always seem to balance out here At The Farm.
I’m living the dream, man.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!

Dreaming said...

Oh, I feel the same way!

carolina nana said...

AMEN !!!

BLESSINGS
MARILYN

Unknown said...

Love your text! Sounds like you are living your dream (but I know there is a lot of hard work involved here too).
Best wishes & hugs,
Anna
Anna's SC wk 99 - 'Robert reads a letter'

Lynne said...

Well done my friend . . .

Judie said...

Gail, a lot of us are jealous of your dream living! Thanks for the comment on my post!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Yes! That's a dream for many.

21 Wits said...

Animals just make life a better place to live and be!

Unknown said...

Well, I'll have you know that I haven't pulled on a cow's tail in quite some time!

Amy Dingmann said...

You are definitely living the dream! :)

Irene said...

I know that you're not living the dream but you're just saying that. You mustn't tell fibs!

LindaG said...

Amen!
And soon, I will be, too. ;o)
Have a great Sunday, Gail!

Tamara said...

Very cool Gail, I felt like I was right there on the farm...it all felt so familiar. And btw...are your chicken free ranging?? Mine kept my yard free of ticks. lol And I hope my blog is finally straightened out, i've been blogging but changed the url to match my title not realized it looked the same but became a whole new blog lol
tmesenbourg@gmail.com

MiracleMommy said...

That's my husband's dream! I love life on the farm.

Susan Anderson said...

You really are.

=)

anitamombanita said...

There's a lot of truth in that! There's something special about living close to the earth. Nicely done.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Very nice. I've always wished I grew up on a farm or ranch. We have a "ranchette" now, but missing some critters and home grown veggies, but it'll have to do. It is a dream. (My Centus will post Monday morning).

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yep. We spent Saturday tryin' to get all the cattle back where they belonged after the creeks too all the watergates out.

Finally by dark thirty we had cattle in the proper fields. A semi and cattle trailer sunk in the mud at a neighbors where it still remains. Three watergates built back. The other two were still to deep and the water to violent to mess with. A field sprayer repaired.....and the beat goes on!

Ya gotta love 'Farm Livin'!!!

God bless ya girl! :o)

Jim said...

O, I feel sorry for the poor cow who got a tail hair pulled out. It must have hurt! :)

Your tale reminds me of this one:

"Little Girl Nezzy,
Come blow your horn,
The cow's in the corn,
The pig's in the ditch;

Where is that girl
Who looks after the cows?
Under the haystack
Fast asleep.

Will you wake her?
Oh no, not I,
For if I do
She will surely cry.


I do hope you were able to take your farmer's afternoon nap even with these problems.
..

Judee said...

It does sound like living the dream. My grandpa had a ranch in Texas and I remember visiting and riding around the land and thinking how wonderful it must be to live so close to nature. I grew up in the city, but never felt at home.

If you have time, here is mine:
http://writetuit.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/saturday-centus-living-the-dream/

Jenny said...

"Renewed the rooted things". What amazing imagery.

Loved where you took this. That was always my dream, too!

It's nice to think of someone else tackling the ticks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...