a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, March 5, 2012

This N That

Had to borrow a picture from the computer, I am on my Alienware computer, the lean, mean gaming machine and have not connected my pictures from my main computer.  I am currently twisted into a rather uncomfortable position at the end of my bed...wireless is not great here.  I am working or gonna work on solutions to this soon.  It's not a laptop but modified desk top that looks like a laptop...but, man, will it fly!

Monday begins and I'm not sure I'm ready.  Last week was a humdinger  of a week at work.  That's okay, 'cause I have a job and am able to work.

Shop was super busy Saturday so that was good.  Many things moved out and more boxes being unpacked as I type.  How in the world can nine households have accumulated so much stuff??  It's all good stuff but not stuff we need.  I was delighted Saturday when a grandchild was able to find every thing she needed to furnish her grandmother's new room in the nursing home and at a bargain price.  It feels good to supply the needs of others.

I was exhausted Sunday and played the worthless person.  I even took a nap!  I did fit in some laundry and some cooking so even when I'm lazy, I'm not.

Andrew's weekend trip with the Christian athletes was successful as far as I can tell.  Fifteen doesn't talk to the ole granny so much anymore.  He is scheduled to perform at the Music Mountain theater the 17th, gonna play a little Stevie Ray Vaughn music...glad he is branching out.  AC/DC is getting old.

Jake, the middle grandson was sick and Grandma Anna was taking him to a weekend clinic...thank you Grandma.

Sunday was Marcy's, my oldest sister's birthday.  The sister who supplies most of the fantastic pictures, the one who packs my lunch for me,  the one who preserves the garden food and also cares for my youngest grandson for a few hours a day.  I cooked her lunch. What kind of gift do you give someone who is trying to thin their things rather than add to them??  Just a home cooked lunch but she was pleased.

Andrew and Hubbs worked on securing tin on the out buildings that March has ripped loose with her wild winds.

I have decided, I am not a writer, I am a blogger...and that is it.

Couldn't do any of it without the support of all of you.  Thank you.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am quite sure that your shop is filled with all sorts of things that we could not live without after becoming aware of them. So, I am so very thankful that it is down there. Sorry.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I would become lost in all your wonderful finds! I cannot be stopped from thrifting! :)

Have a wonderful week!

Mimi

Country Gal said...

WOW ! A full busy weekend ! Yup our 15 soon to be 16 is the same comunication isnt his strong point lol. Glad to hear the shop is doing well ! Now put your feet up girl and rest ! Have a good day !

Lynne said...

I liked this . . . . keeping it honest and real!

LindaG said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Marcy!

How in the world can nine households have accumulated so much stuff??
Umm... because there are NINE households? ;-)

Hope today treats you well. Stevie Ray Vaughn is definitely better than AC/DC.

I enjoy whatever you write. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

i love the blurb you had about the grandchild outfitting her grandmother's apartment from reusable stuff. :)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

First and foremost, a very big old happy birthday wish to that talented photographer...Marcy!!!

:O) HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! :O)

I'm just thrilled that your little shop is quite the success!

God bless ya and have a beautiful day Miss Gail!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Please tell Marcy Happy Birthday! I think it was wonderful that you cooked for her..seems like a great gift to me!
You had a busy week..don't forget to stop and smell the roses:)

Susan Anderson said...

Boy, you've been busy! But it sounds like the good kind of busy.

And you, by the way, are the very best kind of Blogger. But I think you've got that writing thing going on, too.

=)

StitchinByTheLake said...

So does that mean if you only drive a car but not a truck that you're not really a driver? Honey, you are a writer. That's who you are. You might not write a book but you still write. Not all artists paint canvases...some do charcoal sketches and other make sculptures. You write a blog instead of a book. It could just as easily be magazine articles; but it would still make you a writer. And you are a good one - I know because I like to read what you write and isn't that the key? blessings, marlene

Irene said...

I know what you mean. I'm only a blogger too, but it's good enough to be a good blogger. Happy Birthday to Marcy. I'm glad you were able to think of a gift for her. I hope Jake gets better soon and that Andrew will enjoy his performance. You should enjoy your Sundays off without feeling guilty. That's why God created them. People aren't supposed to work on those days. Don't be so darn hard on yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...