a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mag 110

I'm not sure why I delight in these writing challenges, the reason doesn't matter, the fun is in the doing.  Maybe it's the guidelines, maybe it's the challenge but I can't resist them.  The Mag is a picture prompt for words and I'm compelled to create words to match the picture.  Magpie Tales still uses word verification but it's worth the trouble.  Now if I can get Mr Linky and my fingers to cooperate, I shall create.  Be sure and visit the other people who rose to meet this challenge.
The voices had always been with her.  She tried to tell there was more to her than met the eye but no one believed her. Oh, people responded in all the right places and assured her all was fine but she knew she was not alone. She was labeled odd, but no one offered to help free her from the voices.

The wrinkled lady at the open air flea market assured her the mirror was magic.  Even if it wasn't, she knew the perfect spot in her home for this intriguing antique mirror.

Gently she unwrapped the mirror near the chosen spot in her room.

One glance into the mirror confirmed she was not crazy, the voices were real and now she had the proof.

24 comments:

Margaret said...

Is this how it all began with the evil Queen in "Snow White". She was first sweet and beautiful and became self-obsessed.

A behind the scenes look ... kind of like "Wicked" is to Wizard of Oz? :)

Country Gal said...

Awesome ! Wonderful story ! I bet you could write a book , if you ever do write a book I want one ! Have a good day !

Karen said...

I love it! We were thinking along the same lines for this one! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Lynne said...

Very good . . . I may have to try this . . .knowing me, I would be too wordy!

Susan Anderson said...

Oooooh. Perfect!

=)

Laurel's Quill said...

we are never alone, Gail. How do we rid ourselves of those "others" who follow us around in our heads?? LOL! Good read!

LindaG said...

Awesome! :o)

Tess Kincaid said...

I love the notion of magic mirrors...

John Going Gently said...

country gal is right
WRITE that book

Brian Miller said...

ooo delicious...i like the bit of creepy feel to this...i worked with a boy who heard voices...until they took over his body...now he is in the hospital...

Little Nell said...

Quite chilling! The proof was all that was needed.

Wander said...

Good one here...I very much liked it!

Wander

kaykuala said...

Yes, we are baffled by happenings we anticipate and these later happened. Great write!

Hank

Chèvrefeuille said...

Awesome. This little story is really wonderful. Loved the read

Unknown said...

Hey, I'd like to know what happens next! This would be an interesting story. Good job.

Anonymous said...

nothing like proof to show your not crazy

mirrored

EJ said...

I really liked reading this. Great blog, btw!

Helen said...

Wow! Loved this .......

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

We all have those voices in our head that we carry from our childhood. Too bad we can't completely wash 'em away.

I did have a student who truly had 'voices' in his head along with many other problems. He'd yell sometimes, "no!!! I'm not gonna listen to you!

Self~perception....seems we never see ourselves as others do.

I had to giggle yesterday when I called my 82.5 year old mom and asked how she was doin'. She answered, "well, I'm still havin' some problems with wrinkles!" Heeehehehehe....at her age, I hope that's my biggest issue! :o)

Have a great one sweetie!!!

Wonderful write once again!

Irene said...

That's scary enough for me. I'm home all by myself. I do have to look in the mirror later. Goofball!

Doctor FTSE said...

Great little story, and surely worth expanding to something longer.

Silent Otto said...

Many wrinkled old ladies tend to be quite wise !, great image

Tumblewords: said...

A nifty tale!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Clever write - very impressed. I cannot imagine what it must be like to listen to the voices...

Anna :o]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...