a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It Was A Double Poopy Monday...

I felt gray and dreary 
but the skies were blue despite how I felt.
Spring is closer than it has been all year and I seem to get further and further behind on projects that should have long been finished. 

The house is getting emptier. Currently my office chair is sitting on five sheets of plywood in the computer room floor waiting for repair jobs.  I get out of my chair and it rolls a way but don't want to leave the wood out in case it rains.  These are for repairs within the house...when I get around to it.  I need a whole bucket full of round tuits...then maybe I could get some things done.

Replacement parts for the tractor auger cost over two hundred dollars, the lumber past a hundred and a half.  It's discouraging but we have the parts and materials for different projects so maybe, just maybe, before the snow flies again, we can finish up some repairs.

My followers are increasing on both of my blogs so that is a pure delight.  I am always honored and amazed that people want to read what I write.

Weather wise, we are dry as a bone, the dirt roads boil dust as we travel but the green still battles to reach the light.  I do believe spring has almost arrived, dressed in flowery undergarments and filling the air with an exotic perfume.
Oh, the repairs and projects we have to do far out number the times we can find to do them.  I am bound and determined before the deep heat of summer we will have the stock corral finished with the head gate so cattle working will be much easier.  The home repairs will be done as we continue to thin, thin, thin.  Old pieces of family history will find a permanent home here and other pieces will find new happy homes with some one else. The tornado damaged barn may actually get completely repaired this year and tools will find their way back to the shop.

I have a magic wand, you know, and like Merlin in the Sword and The Stone, I will wave my wand and things will dance into their proper places.  Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Mondays at work are always hectic and this Monday was no exception.  I go in early to catch up, work through lunch to catch up and find myself further behind at the end of the day than I was at the beginning.  My customers are happy, I think,  I help them with paperwork, wrap their packages and just lend an ear  and they seem to appreciate it. 

The old big F the doctor assigned me makes my muscles cry out and my bones ache but I go on...smiling and helping the best I can.

Our biggest disaster today was Lil, the lead butt Border Collie stepped on Andrew's tv remote and that no longer works...one more thing on hubb's list to pick up tomorrow.  This disaster has shut down Andrew's music, his games and his movies.

Hubby presented his present to Marcy...new fishing line and some fishing lures...the crappie will be biting and fresh fish to catch here At The Farm.  Marcy does love to fish!

I dragged my aches and complaints to bed and know tomorrow is another day.  Oh, the promise it holds!!!

21 comments:

LindaG said...

Something I hadn't thought of. You may have a button stuck. Have Andrew take a close look at the controller. It may be almost impossible to see.
That happened to us once.
Just a thought.

*Hugs*

Hope you eat some fish for me! :-)

the canned quilter said...

I'm with Marcy time to go fishing !
Hugs

Country Gal said...

You sound like I feel ! Achy , rusty feeling a bit blaaa !!! I think it is spring fever gone sour with me and the unbalance of the weather . It is overcast right now and cold, grass is starting to green up and migrating birds are returning , buds on trees and bushes are ready to pop and flowers are poking above ground but its just not fast enough for me I am impatient for spring ! Try to have a good day !

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Me too--on yesterday.

I have so many things to do that I'm overwhelmed. Plus spring for me means I'm doing everything outside by myself.

I always thought it would be great to twitch my nose like Bewitched and things would be done. I've practiced for years and yet....

T

Dreaming said...

We, like you, have so many projects to do - and just can't seem to get in gear to get them done. We spend our time dealing with the 'gotta do' stuff and let the other gather dust.
Maybe spring will give us all that sense of rebirth and energy!

TexWisGirl said...

sorry you had a down day. i know the aches and pains don't make things easier. but you do have plenty of resolve in you. :)

Rudee said...

Poor Lil...taking the blame for somebody who failed to put something away. I think I'd make him wait a bit for a replacement.

Hope you feel better.

Irene said...

I agree with Rudee.

It seems to me that the hurrieder you go, the behinder you get. You never run out of jobs to do anyway. It fills me with frustration to read it. You do have a full time job, Gail. Why does all the responsibility rest on your shoulders? Or is that just the impression I'm getting?

Farm Girl said...

I enjoy reading about what is going on in your neck of the woods. I am sorry about the pain. Yes, work does seem to just keep piling up. I think it looks worse in the spring than in other times of the year.
I do hope you get some rain soon.

Mel said...

Gail, I couldn't agree more, when you live on a farm you never seem to get to everything. As a matter of fact, usually as you start nearing the end of the list it is time to go back and update the things you did previously.

Monday was off on a sour note for me yesterday as well.

Do hope and pray you'll get some rain or some sort of moisture there, soon.

Keep you chin up, Dear eventually the list will grow smaller.

Hugs, Mel

DesertHen said...

Yesterday was actually nice here. In the 60's with a breeze. Woke up this morning to blowing sideways snow and howling winds! Currently sitting it out since I refuse to drive to work in it!

Hubby is starting to get the fishin itch as well!

You'll get those projects done. Slow and steady wins the race!

Susan Anderson said...

After reading your varied and interesting post today, it is no surprise to me that your blog keeps growing. You are always real, and I really like that about you.

=)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Like Linda G said touch all the buttons on that remote..one might be stuck..it has happened to me too.
Feeling crappy and behind on projects seems to be going around..I don't know if that helps..you have lots of company..hang in there:)

labbie1 said...

Geez! Sorry you had such a poopy Monday! Hope today is better! hang on girl! The sun and warmth are coming!

Lynne said...

I hope today has been a better day and that F isn't what I think it is . . .

Anonymous said...

This is off topic, but can I use that quote by Cyril Connolly that's at the top of your blog? I really like it, and find truth in it. It's something I probably need to read daily as well.

-Mara
http://the-poetic-madame.blogspot.com

Grammy said...

Sweet dreams, tomorrow will bring you sun shine and smiles.

Pat said...

What's that saying? "The faster I go, the behinder I get"? Things will get done. In due time. I know that you are plodding away at things. I'm sure you are seeing the results.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ya sound like me sister. I've been down in my back but got out and cleaned the grass outta the Iris beds anyway yesterday....and it felt gooood!

Ya gettin' any rain. It's cold and rainy here today. I've put the shorts up and am huggin' the fireplace today!

Have a blessed day sweetie!!! :o)

Jenny said...

Awwwww...sister...sending you a big hug!

LilliStJohn said...

Yeah, March can be dreary. I was born on the 15th and it was a miserable day according to my Mother; we had snow, rain, high winds and a bitter old from the north - I think it was really me, making my birth announcement to the world. ha,ha. Have a wonderful day and H to M.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...