a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Walk...

was long overdue for me. I headed to the fresh dirt where Dalton has found his spear head.  I dawdled. At the risk of sounding like Martha Stewart, that's a good thing.
Part of the farm pack joined me.
I discovered Blue Heron tracks,
very large compared to the dog tracks.
I didn't find an arrowhead but I found a worked tool.
What a wonder to hold history in my hand.
The pack had to explore every smell around
and enjoy the water.
 I made a big circle by the spring through the garden, by and over the creek, through the cow lot and back to the yard.
This was my last shot as I climbed the steps to remove my muddy shoes and wash my hands, renewed again by the beauty of the land around me.

16 comments:

Country Gal said...

A lovely walk, thanks for taking us along . Awesome photos ! Have a good day !

Amy Dingmann said...

Good thing you took the pack along with ya! Lovely walk. :)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Now that is MY kind of walk. B

Lynne said...

Watch out for Copperheads!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

There's nothin' quite like a walkabout 'round the property.

Have a blessed day my friend! :o)

Farm Girl said...

As my husband says, " There is treasure everywhere." It sounds like your walk was one of those treasured moments that just happen. 3 more little trees have come up. :)

ellen abbott said...

What a beautiful place.

TexWisGirl said...

i love taking walks with my pack. :)

Irene said...

You're very fortunate to live in a place where you can take a spontaneous walk like that surrounded by your animals. Be sure to count your blessings.

Rudee said...

I envy the treasures you find in your own backyard.

Rudee said...

I envy the treasures you find in your own backyard.

Laurel's Quill said...

What a great place to walk and enjoy the sights and smells of the country... I almost had a cow when I was reading your blog...I didn't have the screen at full, so I was panning down picture by picture...and you had the blue heron footprints, and the next of this round blackish object in your hand...OMG..where did my mind go??? HA HA. what can I say, I was born on a farm too! Have a great day!

LindaG said...

Much happier photos than snakes. ;o)

Hope you're all doing well!

Anonymous said...

Seems like you had a nice walk there, great photos.
Having a relaxing evening here :) Enjoy your day!

DesertHen said...

I enjoyed this walk with you! It really looks like spring has arrived in full bloom in your area. Still waiting for it here!

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like you and your pack found some treasures!

=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...