a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Early Morning

and the light has not reached the sky.  The lightening bugs still fly,  showing their beacons of romance, saying I am the best.

I sit quietly on the porch and wonder why I have chosen to greet the day so early. 

The cry of the whippoorwill echoes in the early morning darkness, bringing to mind the first time Dad showed me a nest with the mother at home.  The real bird did not match the beauty of its song.

The frogs are quiet this early, I guess they have tired of their songs of glory, perhaps they are resting for the greeting of the dawn.

I see no stars, so the rain must be coming, only the lightening bugs still dance against the blackness of the night.

Roosters are crowing in anticipation of the dawn.  Are they practising for daylight or do they just love the sound of their voices in the still of the morning?

My mind is full of questions as I listen to the predawn day.  Maybe I should not ask questions but simply enjoy the coming of it.

This is my time of morning, though I seldom have  time to truly appreciate it.  It is a time of a new beginning, the backdrop of a blank canvas that will paint itself and will change its scenes through no influence of mine. I hear the sounds and imagine the beautiful picture that will present itself as the light seeps into the night.

The farm animals are quiet, except for the prideful roosters, and have no idea their provider sits, hidden, enjoying the time before another day begins.

At the computer, I enjoy a song that has touched me.  If you have time, listen...many times there is a message in music...we just have to listen with our heart.

Enjoy the beauty that is your day.

9 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Thanks Gail. I felt like I was sitting there with you. I rarely get up that early.

Rusty said...

There is no sound quite like the symphony of the birds, starting before the sun rises - then again just before sunset. ATB!

becky said...

Lovely words this morning, Gail. That quite time in the morning when all else is still sleeping is a beautiful time of day...
By the way, I went on Itunes yesterday & bought this song... I love it. Have a wonderful day!
:)

Pat said...

Love your description of the early morning....I'm not an early morning person, per say, so I enjoyed living vicariously through you. Very nice.

Lori E said...

I love early morning before anyone else is up. I used to sit in the dark and think deep thoughts and clear my head for a fresh start to the day.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a beautiful way to greet the morning. I just love the stillness of early dawn.

The frog thing sister, they're quiet 'cause they've been up late peepin' and croakin'!

Continue your beautiful day with blessings!

Irene said...

I love how you greet the dawn. I was sitting there with you enjoying every moment. I've never seen lighting bugs, what a great miss. I've always wanted to. Can you record the early morning sounds some time?

allhorsestuff said...

Oh, that was almost like siting there in the early dawn on the porch-with you!
Sigh...very peaceful~
Xo
KK

Nola said...

I felt like we were having morning coffee together. I love getting up b4 the sun, when the day is so new and so full of hope!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...