a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, May 17, 2010

What Color Is Broken Arrow?

These shots are different times and coat conditions.


Arrow is registered as a bay.

 I sent colt pictures to the registry and let them choose a color.
They said he may turn to silver bay.
He is looking dun to me but still has all his black tips and points.
He also has the stripe.
I love the color but I want to call it right.
His legs are producing some silver hairs now.

A challenge to all you horse lovers,
What color is my horse?

13 comments:

Shania said...

My goodness Gail. He's brown. ;)

Rural Rambler said...

Sure looks like a bay to me in these pictures!

Rural Rambler said...

I forgot. The honeysuckle header is cool :)

Rudee said...

He is the color of caramel, of course.

mj said...

I would say that he is CURRENTLY Blood Bay in color. That could change somewhat with age. How old is he?

mj said...

I forgot ... use the color that best fits after he is completely shed out. :)

Silvia-Maria said...

Hallo, the colour from this horse is Dun(Falbe)
Liebe Gr´ße
from Austria
Silvia-Maria

Lori Skoog said...

He is a light bay. By the way, Silvia-Maria became one of my followers. Have you figured out how to translate her blog?

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'd say you registered him correctly but how the heck are ya suppose to know what color an animal might change to over the span of time without your crystal ball or a fortune teller???

Have a beautiful day Gail!

Amy said...

I'd say he is a bay.

Rae said...

I am a disgrace at naming the color of horses. All I know is brown, white, or somewhere in the middle. He is a magnificent horse regardless of his color.

Pat said...

I'd say he's a horse of a different color. What do you want from a city girl?

gucci said...

Disgrace at naming the color of horses. All I know is brown, white, or somewhere in the middle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...