a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, May 28, 2010

Helicopters, Horses and Hope

Every year at Mt Pleasant Elementary School, a helicopter comes to visit close to the end of the year.
It lands in the ball field.
 Students line up, grades zero through sixth,
and view it up close.
A church is directly across from my work.
It is handy for the horse riders to stay outta the road.
This one did not seem to like the church sign.
The skies showed me a thing or two...
I called this photo, Hope.
No matter how dark things are, there is always light.

9 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Hey Gail. I need for your to send me your address so that I can send your necklace from my giveaway. Send it to turtle8603atcomcastdotnet. I can hardly wait for you to get the necklace and earrings. The Olde Bagg, Linda

carolina nana said...

AMEN TO THAT LAST SENTENCE.
BLESSINGS TO YOU HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

becky said...

Loving those big puffy clouds!
:)

Callie Brady said...

Wow! I never got to have a helicopter come to my school when I was a kid. And horses! How lucky those kids are! Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos...especially the ones from the foggy morning. Lil must have that border collie "hypnotic eye"...

Mindless Teen said...

Love the cloud photos : )

Irene said...

The photo of the church steeple with the clouds in the background is especially good. That would look wonderful matted and framed. You've got a piece of art on your hands. Think about photography.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

My elementary school was also called Mt Pleasant. How cool! It was in Maryland, though.

Great pics. The photo of the church steeple and clouds is just stunning. Perfect 'rule of thirds'. Looks professionally done.
Nice!


~Lisa

Pat said...

A helicopter at school? How cool is that?

Love the cloud pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...