a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, May 21, 2010

This N That


The water garden needs attention because of fallen pecan blooms but I just haven't gotten there yet.  The lilies are blooming any way so I guess it is not too vital to remove them right away.

Den waited all morning for Sears to repair two mowers still under warranty.  The appointment was for a time between eight am and twelve.  What kind of appointment is that?  Then after the repairman arrived, his determination was bad gas but replaced parts that were not damagable by gas.  Go figure...I am not mechanically inclined.  I just enjoy the power.

I think I am coming back from the sinus,/bronchitis/general infection thing.  I can almost hear again and I can smell some things.  I walk into my room and get a whiff of leather from the saddles and bridles...awesome, I have missed that smell. 

This illness has delayed my reconstruction inside the barn.  My plan for a tack room will be started soon. I shall miss the smell of leather in my bedroom.  Perhaps the nearness of the tack will encourage me to saddle up since it will be more handy. 

The barn is old and has no power so I have been looking at solar lights.  I can place the panel on the barn wall or roof and the light in the tack room.

I am working on eating less unhealthy rather than more healthy.  It just sounds better that way, not so harsh.  It is good that I love fresh vegtables and during the garden season, I have no desire for meat.

I am ready for the tired to leave.  I was not truly aware of how tired I was until I was driving home.  I have been in trouble for not waving at someone before, now I wave at every car I meet just to cover the one I may miss. This is how tired I am...a bird flies across the highway in front of me...I wave.  I have a motion detected wave.  How sad is that?

6 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

A motion detected wave....that's funny. I am glad you are on the mend and that you have your sniffer back. I do know what you mean. I have had what I thought was a sinus infection for at least a month. After getting technicolor flem I could not hear, I decided to make an appointment with whoever I could. Come to find out I have pneumonia in one lung. So there ya go.... You take care of you cuz I can't be trusted to take care of me.
The Olde Bagg, Linda

allhorsestuff said...

hehehe! The waving got me!
I always get in trouble for not looking around when people hunk at me...I hate it when folks hunk the horn...it actually is illegal to do it! I found out by doing it (without impending danger)when I was 16 and I got pulled over!
I love your pooch in the pond, so cute with the bloomin' lillies.

I sometimes think that I want to smell fresh coffee beans in my car for longer as I drive home with the groceries...but I am too cheap to buy some to have in the car.
Maybe you should just keep a bridle in your room...near a horsey photo, for a cool display!

Hope you get to feeling more energy soon...all our dour weather has me in the pits again.
KK

carolina nana said...

Take it from an expert, tiredness can cause you to do crazy things and to not do routine things. Believe me when I say been there,done that!!! Ha Ha. Glad you are feeling some better though.
Blessings to you Marilyn

Unknown said...

Love the waving thing! I have been deep in thought and waved at dogs standing on the bank and then realize it immediately!!!

Love the lilies!!

I may be crazy but I love the smell of horses, all the leather tack, horse sweat and even their poop!!!!! I know crazy huh??

Glad you are feeling better!

Irene said...

Just keep waving at everybody you see. That's what we used to do when we lived in the mountains. No sense missing anybody important and regretting it later. People will just think those farners are awfully friendly people.

Less unhealthy food is good and I think that's the right attirude. That way you don't walk around feeling guilty all the time. You've got to keep everything in the right proportions and not become perfect all at once. That's undoable and impossible and no fun.

You've been sick for a long time and it's going to take a while to get back to normal. Don't forget that you still need lots of rest. You're back at work already in a more than full time job. Give yourself a break and take some time out now and then. Seriously!

Pat said...

They gotta sell one of those hands waving constantly with the motion of the car, right? You need to invest in that and save yourself the trouble.

Glad you are on the mend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...