a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, September 4, 2009

Gypsy Galoot..Uh, Rose Lee Update

Armed with Dr Pepper to save me if we get lost, we begin a walk. There is so much to see for Gypsy, a new smell every half inch. Gypsy doesn't have heeling down quite yet but is doing much better. She knows I go out the door first and I come in first. We begin our walk with some training and I let her off leash to get some running done.

It is sad to say this is my "big" sister, Beverly, on the right and me with Gypsy. I used this to show how big the dog is and I have just proven how big I am. I shall have to pose next time with larger items so I will look small.

Gypsy has discovered a terripin and does not know what it is and tried to open the container. No luck and we move on to something else. Doesn't she look sporty in her bright red collar?

If I could hook Gypsy up to our power supply, we would have no electric bill. This girl is full of energy. Here she is checking out the old hog pond on the hill. If there is water, she is in it. I have heard hounds can track under water. I wonder if that is what she is doing when she submerses her head and blows bubbles.
Gypsy by the old model T

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Gypsy is a bigger dog than I thought...looks good..shiny. I like thinking about her story...linving in such an interesting place...being trained...having water to get in and new animals to sniff at.
Our two pointers aren't as entranced with water. One very hot summer I even bought them a wading pool that eventually turned into their water bucket...I should thank god Bekka doesn't like water I guess or she'd make mincemeat out of my little fish pond.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Gypsy is a beautiful dog. I can only imagine the energy she expels. We had a pointer one time that ran off on a quail hunt and came back wearin' an insulated vest??? Perplexed and puzzled we were and years later we still don't know how the dog acquired it little lone put the thing on. Have a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful dog! That is a nice collar and she looks smart enough to get that model T working.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I like that red collar. I'd like to find a wide one like that for Zuni. Red looks so great on a black and white pooch, too. Gypsy is beautiful. Great pics!

~Lisa

Paint Girl said...

Gypsy is so pretty! Love that sporty red collar!! I hear you on the energy thing, I wish I had as much energy as my Aussie's!

Irene said...

Gypsy is such a good looking dog. I would take her in a minute if I could. I like her coloring and her smooth coat. Her floppy ears are great.

Carla said...

She is such a pretty girl! Love this red color, she looks full of energy and excitement!!

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Gypsy is so sweet! Fostering any animal is such an act of kindness...my problem is I just can't let them go! Not so good at that part. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out all of our gang.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...