a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, September 11, 2009

Reporting A Personal Loss

It was a dark cloudy sky today. Little did I know, it was setting the theme for the entire day.This morning there was a pair, now, there is only one. I am dealing with it the best way I can. The left is gone, worn out, blown out, used up...just gone. I cannot believe I will never again be able to look down and see these black beauties. Too many journeys after livestock, too many trips up the mountain and down the other side, too many trips to the creek. I knew the end was coming but why did it have to be so soon??

Ode To My Flip Flops

Oh, how I loved thee
black with flowers so round
you protected my feet
but let me feel the ground.
Now I have lost you
to a great tragedy
of which I cannot speak
Who will now cover my feet?

What good is one!?
Oh, you black lovelies, how will I ever survive without you????

12 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl, ya panicked me...I thought you lost a horse or dog. I raced right over to console you. Flippin' flippies died..croaked...bit the dust.

I feel your pain, my Victoria Secret flippies broke down after years of service last month. Can you tell I'm still morning them. May you be blessed with a new pair at half-price.

Sharon said...

LMBO! I thought this was going to be tragic news. Will they proper a proper burial as any good companion deserves? LOL!

My daughter has numerous pairs of flip flops. I can't wear the things myself, they hurt my toes.

I'm anxious to see what you replace them with :)

Love,
Sharon

Rudee said...

And why aren't your feet better covered around the joint? Those aren't proper farming shoes. Never the less, next time, get two pair.

Nola said...

OK, I was ALMOST ready to cry, now I'm laughing my butt off! The good news is, this time of year, all the flip flops are on sale. Happy shopping...

Unknown said...

Its terrible how we outlive our flip flops. Well, I mean that they don't have the same life span. Who wants to live only as long as a flip flop?!

You know, this started out witty, but now I'm just confused.

Remember you can buy a new pair after a week of mourning and no one will say anything.

Tonia said...

Lol Oh how well I know your pain!!! I had some I loved so much and I bought a 2nd pair just like them... Well eventually they do wear out. Its sooo sad....

Irene said...

It's hard to go without your flip flops. I know I love mine. I hope you are able to find a pair to replace them. Hurry to the store, because it's almost out of season.

Unknown said...

My condolences!!!! S

Unknown said...

Crimony

allhorsestuff said...

OH MY...was getting ready to be tearful ...then...jsut hooted a bit..oh those black beauties- will be sorely missed!
Kac

Miz MiLLie D. MuRdeR said...

I SO have had this happen to me too! Why do the best shoes die so soon?! The ones that look best and make us feel pretty?? Sorry for your loss, I will get a pedicure in honor of your fallen flip flops!

LilliStJohn said...

Your feet remind me of my little sister Debbie - she always went barefoot and even in winter, she would have boots on but no socks. I can remember Mom saying you're gonna get "Arthur" in yer feet if ya go barefoot in winter. Well, at almost 60 yrs young, my little sister has "Arthur" in her feet. Guess Mom was right. Ode to your shoes - hilarious and truly enjoyed. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...