a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vacation Visitors

Beverly's daughter and her family came to visit from Delaware. There is always something to do at the farm.

Like horse back riding

Playing with the baby in the garden

Driving and riding the tractor

Looking for arrow heads and fish bait

Driving the mule

What is work to us is fascinating to many. We forget the beauty sometimes because we are so close to it.

The whole crew got to go fishing, dig their own fish bait, clean their fish and eat them. They went for rides on the farm equipment and the animals. Ate fresh eggs and lots of garden produce. There were plenty of animals to pet and feed. I do not think they were bored.

Our collective dream one day is to have cabins so we may share the wonderful experience of our farm life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Sometimes one needs to see what one has through another's eyes to truly appreciate it! :-)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ain't it the truth? Hubby and I live on a large working Ozark Ponderosa and we are always joking about our free time. Never a dull moment, boredom or time to twiddle our thumbs. Always a surprise 'round every corner (not always desirable.) We shall never run out of blogging material. I enjoyed your blog and have a blessed day.

Rudee said...

I'll settle for a tent. No wait a minute. I bring my own air conditioned RV. I just want a few minutes to feed those slobbering horses some fruit.

LivingDeadNurse said...

what beautiful farm and horses and family..wow your blessed

Pyatshaw said...

I would not have exchanged my farm life for anything. Most visitors seem to love it as well.

Irene said...

They can see how hard you have to work as well. It may seem like all play to them, though. Don't make it look too easy!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I was always envious of folks who lived a farm life...and now I live one, too. Pinch me! :)
I'm glad everyone enjoyed their visit to your farm. I bet it's great to see their happy faces. I am sure they are sad to leave, too.

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...